Kerr, who hasn’t played since tearing her ACL during a Chelsea training camp in January last year, spoke of her “regret” for the incident, with the FA board saying they would take no further action over it.
Kerr expresses ‘sincere regret’
“I want to express my sincere regret for how events unfolded,” Kerr said in an FA statement.
“I’m proud of the Matildas, the role I have played as a member of that team, and everything we stand for, and I’m committed to learning from this experience.”
What has Football Australia said?
“Knowing how Sam feels about the events, along with the additional context we’ve learned, has added vital perspective that the general public may not be aware of. Setting aside those difficulties, this one incident should not offset the incredible contributions she has made, both publicly and privately, on and off the field — for more than 15 years.” — Anter Isaac, Football Australia chairman.
Kerr found not guilty last month
On Monday, FA noted the incident had “implications” in relation to its code of conduct, but stopped short of saying Kerr had breached it.