Key Points
- Documents related to Prince Harry’s US visa application must be released, a US court has ruled.
- Heritage Foundation alleged Harry may have concealed past illegal drug use.
- In February, US President Donald Trump ruled out deporting Harry from the US.
If Harry lied about previous drug use on his US visa application, “appropriate action” must be taken, US President Donald Trump has previously said.

The royal tell-tale memoir became the fastest-selling non-fiction title in UK publishing history with 400,000 hardback copies selling on its first day, following its January release. Source: Getty / Richard Baker
Judge Nichols ordered the US Department of Homeland Security to release the redacted versions of the documents no later than Tuesday, according to court filings dated 15 March.
“Specifically, defendant would propose redacting all information in these items that would reveal information that the court has determined defendant can withhold,” department lawyer John Bardo wrote in a court filing.

The Heritage Foundation alleged Prince Harry may have concealed past illegal drug use that should have disqualified him from obtaining a US visa. Source: AAP / Mischa Schoemaker / DPPA / Sipa USA
The Heritage Foundation alleged Harry may have concealed past illegal drug use that should have disqualified him from obtaining a US visa.
Meghan said she was backing his rival Hillary Clinton in the 2016 US presidential election and suggested she would leave the US if he won.
Asked if Harry should have “special privileges” if found to have lied on his application, Trump had said: “No. We’ll have to see if they know something about the drugs, and if he lied they’ll have to take appropriate action.”